More Information, Deal Conditions
Spend a night aboard Sailaway Sydney’s 10-metre Bavaria Cruiser 33. The yacht houses two cabins, a kitchen, bathroom and a spacious salon. Guests can also get a breath of fresh air on the deck and enjoy sights such as Luna Park, Darling Harbour, The Harbour Bridge and Opera House.
- 4/5 from 5 reviews on Trip Advisor
How It Works
Customers will be picked up at Lavender Bay wharf for check-in and safety briefing. If you choose the evening sailing tour, you will be taken out around the harbour and dropped off at Lavender Bay mooring. Otherwise, you will be taken straight to the mooring, where you will stay the night.
In the morning, you will be dropped off back at the wharf (or you can opt to head out for a morning tour if you so choose).
What To Bring
- Food for dinner and breakfast. We have limited heating facilities on board so please bring food that is ready to eat (think of it as a picnic on a yacht). There is a fridge on board to keep everything cool.
- Drinks (alcohol is fine)
- Swimming gear
What Not To Bring
Please limit your bags to one soft bag per person (plus your food and drinks) and please wear soft-soled (non-marking) shoes. If you are travelling with suitcases, please contact Sailaway to arrange to have your suitcases stored for you free of charge. Please don’t wear heels, black shoes or carry a suitcase as it causes damage to the fibreglass.
What to Bring:
- Water and snacks
- Soft-soled shoes
Note: Sunset or morning cruise may have other passengers on board – Yacht holds a maximum of 10. Private cruises can be organised at an extra cost subject to availability. Please contact for availability and pricing.
- What is a mooring?
- A mooring is a buoy in the middle of the bay. Hence, the yacht is not at a marina, where you can easily walk on and off the yacht. To get on and off, we use either a powerboat during business hours or a dinghy after 4:30pm and before 9:30am.
- Do I need a boating licence or boating experience?
- Not at all. The skipper will drive the yacht during the sailing tours and to get on and off the mooring. You are welcome to join in when sailing to help crewing and take control of the helm as well.
- I have a boat licence – can I drive the boat myself?
- Yes, we offer bare-boat charter options. Please contact Sailaway Sydney for pricing and availability.
- Will staying on the yacht be safe?
- Absolutely! The yacht is brand new and equipped with all the safety equipment. It is fully licensed with NSW Maritime for commercial use.
- Will I get sea sick?
- It depends on each individual. The boat is moored in a sheltered bay so it is quite calm, especially overnight when the traffic on the harbour stops. So most people that stay on the yacht have no problems. But if you are inclined to get sea sick or are unsure about how you will react, then we do recommend you that you bring some sea sickness pills. There are no refunds for sea sickness so please take all necessary precautions.
Children must weigh more than 20kg since that’s the size of the approved life jacks that we have on board. So, unfortunately, that means no infants and toddlers.