More Information, Deal Conditions
Travellers are invited to embrace the history and culture of China with this seven-day guided tour. During the trip, holidaymakers will have an opportunity to explore Beijing, Great Wall of China, visit the historic Tiananmen Square and the mysterious Forbidden City, as well as the Temple of Heaven. In Shanghai, holidaymakers will learn more about silk production, see modern architecture and wander through the alleyways of the colourful Old Town.
- Day 1: Overnight flight from Australia to Beijing; transfer to the hotel
- Day 2: Visit Beijing’s Tiananmen Square, second largest square in the world, the ornate Forbidden City, and the Temple of Heaven; savour the local speciality, Peking roast duck, during a welcome banquet
- Day 3: See the imposing Great Wall of China, stopping by at the Asia’s largest jade exhibitions; then, proceed to visit a cloisonné factory, as well as the Changeling Exhibition Hall of the Ming Tombs; option for a musical, The Golden Mask Dynasty, at travellers’ own expense
- Day 4: Wander through the ancient imperial garden, Summer Palace, and learn more about traditional Chinese medicine at a herbal medicine institute; option for a Hutong Life Tour leading through the city’s ancient alleyways and famous shopping streets of Wangfujing Street, or Chinese Kung-Fu show at travellers’ own expense
- Day 5: Board a high-speed train to Shanghai, the commercial centre of China; pay a visit to a silk spinning mill to see the process of producing silk, marvel at colonial architecture while strolling along the Huangpu River and explore the Old Town with its gardens, temples, souvenir stalls, and food venues; option for a Huangpu River Night Cruise (at travellers’ own
expense) or a mid-tour extension package to see Xi’an and the famous Terracotta Warriors (please note that in this case, travellers fly to Xi’an, spending two nights there, and then head back to Shanghai; please enquire when booking)
- Day 6: Discover the gems of the ancient Chinese art, furniture and jade with a visit to Shanghai Museum; then, explore the Xintiandi Area which is famous for a stone gate and modern architecture; indulge in the flavours of Shanghai cuisine in the evening and opt to see a Chinese acrobatic show, ERA: The Intersection of Time” before (at travellers’ own expense)
- Day 7: Transfer to the Airport for a flight back to Australia
- Day 8: Arrival in Australia
See the full itinerary here.